High current PCBs
High currents and control electronics on the same PCB.
Having both high currents and fine line circuits on the same PCB is not a contradiction in terms. HSMtec PCB technology makes it possible to selectively embed thick copper pieces in standard FR4 PCBs.
This means that currents up to 400 A can be combined with the finest conductor structures on one board.
Increased performance and reduced system costs thanks to integration
HSMtec allows large copper cross-sections in the form of profiles and wires to be selectively integrated into the design of any layer of a multilayer board. The wide variety of design options means that the performance of existing PCB designs can also be massively increased.
- Minimisation of the space required for high current tracks
- Increase in the current-carrying capacity of PCBs
- Reduction in overall costs (logistics, procurement, assembly, quality assurance)
- Standardised production and further processing
- High current in combination with 3D PCBs
Four standard copper profiles with widths of 2, 4, 8 and 12 mm are available. The lengths of the copper profiles can be adapted individually to any layout. These copper profiles are connected to the etching layout by means of ultrasonic bonding. This creates a 100% solid material connection to inner and/or outer layers. The connection options to the surrounding environment, which include soldering, press-fit, screw and pressure contact, will satisfy every possible requirement.
Our team will provide you with straightforward, expert and active support in the implementation of your high current design, to ensure that your requirements are met, both technically and economically.
- Creation of an individual concept based on your requirements
- Implementation of the layout in the standard process
- Support in the design, dimensioning and concept selection of your PCB
- Thermal measurements and analysis